Klemen Grm, PhD.
Laboratory of Machine Intelligence (LMI)
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
Tržaška cesta 25
Si-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tel.: +386 1 4768 841
Fax.: +386 1 4768 316
Masters degree (2015) – Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
PhD (2020) – Automated Face Recognition from Low-Resolution Imagery; Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
- pattern recognition
- machine learning
- deep learning
- computer vision
- face recognition
- image processing
- IEEE, Member
- International Association of Pattern Recognition – IAPR
- Slovenian Pattern Recognition Society – SPRS
- 2015 – 2020: Junior Researcher, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2020 – present: Research Assistant, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Klemen Grm is a junior researcher at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FEE) of the University of Ljubljana (UL). Klemen was the receipient of the Zois scholarship during his undergraduate studies at the FEE, UL from 2011-2015. He received his M.Sc degree from FEE, UL in 2015. He was awarded the Prešeren award for his M.Sc. thesis entitled “A Deep Neural Network for Face Authentication”. His research focuses on different areas of computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition, and biometrics. He is a member of the Slovenian Pattern Recognition Society, a member of the International Pattern Recognition Association (IAPR) and a student member of IEEE. In 2016, he developed a facial recognition system that ranked second at the ICB-2016 competition on face recognition (International Challenge on Biometric Recognition in the Wild – ICB-RW, http://icbrw.di.ubi.pt). His publication titled “Strengths and Weaknesses of Deep Learning Models for Face Recognition” received the 2019 IET biometrics premium award in recognition of the article’s impact. He has received the Max Snijder award from the European Association for Biometrics for his PhD thesis titled “Automated Face Recognition from Low-Resolution Imagery”.
- Klemen Grm, Walter J. Scheirer, Vitomir Štruc: Face hallucination using cascaded super-resolution and identity priors. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 29 (2019): 2150-2165
- Klemen Grm, Martin Pernuš, Leo Cluzel, Walter J. Scheirer, Simon Dobrišek, Vitomir Štruc: Face Hallucination Revisited: An Exploratory Study on Dataset Bias. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Workshops, 2019.
- Hugo Proenca, Mark Nixon, Nappi Michele, Esam Ghaleb, Ozbulak Gokhan, Hazim Kemal Ekenel, Klemen Grm, Vitomir Štruc, Hailin Shi, et al.: Trends and Controversies. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 2018.
- Rosaura G. Vidal, Sreya Banerjee, Klemen Grm, Vitomir Štruc, Walter J. Scheirer: UG2: A Video Benchmark for Assessing the Impact of Image Restoration and Enhancement on Automatic Visual Recognition, 2018 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2018
- Klemen Grm, Vitomir Štruc, Anais Artiges, Matthieu Caron, Hazım Kemal Ekenel: Strengths and Weaknesses of Deep Learning Models for Face Recognition Against Image Degradations. IET Biometrics, 2018.
- Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications ans Systems (BTAS), IEEE, 2016. .
- Kl4th International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF), IEEE 2016. .
- In: Proceedings of the Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference (ERK), Portorož, Slovenia, 2016.